Thursday, February 1, 2007

I'll be back later to answer your questions, but first--

Not a lot of local media love for cartoon morons Peter Berdovsky and Sean Stevens, with their buffoon-like comments and their "starving artists" schtick. Also, the Globe et al are now more-than-implying that Interference, the guerrilla marketing firm behind it all, purposely didn't defuse the ruckus until later in the day.

Unsurprisingly, Interference blanked out their website yesterday - it now has a generic non-apology and some sloppy HTML up top - and declined to answer questions. Their head honcho is, um, out of town. Yeah. That's it. Out of town.

(It's never a good sign when the boss also answers to "Sanjay" and has Froghammer on his resume.)

Anyway, hopefully they'll wrap up the media trial phase soon and clear these folks off the radar, 'cause Berdovsky has this Zach de la Rocha / "I played in Korn" vibe that makes it hard for me to care. So hard. Not that he needs my concern now that he has 15 minutes of fame!

Even more troubling, any combination of artists and endeavors that include the word "guerilla" reminds me of that one time I ran into this hipster guy who thought he was, like, an artist 'cause he got a New York Magazine profile for jizzing on stuff a lot and, y'know, the next thing I remember, I'm standing next to this dumpster with blood all over my hands, and I'm just screaming "the Dutch Masters will eat you" over and over? And the blood wasn't even mine? Yeah, that was a little weird.

No comments: